I've been an artist and a designer since I was a little girl. I was constantly asking "why" and making up inventions to help the people around me. With a passion for building community and connecting with people, I ended up studying Cultural Anthropology and Linguistics in university. I couldn't unsee the way that our world was being designed by our culture, policies, and beliefs. That's when I really became a designer.
While studying a Master's in Visual Digital Media at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain, I fell in love with the opportunity to use design and tech to build impactful outcomes. Since then, I've been designing and building product experiences in healthcare, government, start ups, and non-profits. I enjoy teaching about this work and have given guest lectures about HCD in tech and policy at UMBC and UMD.
My mission is to design solutions for happier and healthier communities and our planet as we combat the climate crisis.
Awards & Media
• Rising Together – Software that Empowers the Community, UMBC Magazine 2021
• UMBC's Rising Star Young Alumni Award, Oct 2019
• Empathy and Compassion — Alumni Award Winners Take on Public Health Challenges, UMBC Magazine 2019
• "Kelsey Krach: The Optimist", IE University "Disrupters" Campaign, 2018
• IE Master in Visual Digital Media Saffron Best Student Award, 2016
• "On The Front Lines Of The Overdose Epidemic In Baltimore" Buzzfeed, photos published 2016