Originally from Baltimore, MD and now in Oakland, CA, I've been lucky enough to live, study, and work in 3 countries across 3 continents. Along the way, I built a comprehensive understanding of working on diverse teams.
While studying a Master's in Visual Digital Media at IE Business School in Madrid, Spain, I fell in love with the opportunity to use design and tech to build impactful outcomes. Since then, I've been designing and building product experiences in healthcare, government, start ups, and non-profits. I enjoy teaching about this work and have given guest lectures about HCD in tech and policy at UMBC and UMD.
My life is enriched by cooking and writing about chronic pain healing, creating paintings and other visual art, advocating for social-justice and human rights, learning new languages (I'm pretty fluent in Spanish), hiking or spending as much time as possible in nature, and volunteering with my local community, like co-leading Code for Baltimore.
Awards & Media
• Rising Together – Software that Empowers the Community, UMBC Magazine 2021
• UMBC's Rising Star Young Alumni Award, Oct 2019
• Empathy and Compassion — Alumni Award Winners Take on Public Health Challenges, UMBC Magazine 2019
• "Kelsey Krach: The Optimist", IE University "Disrupters" Campaign, 2018
• IE Master in Visual Digital Media Saffron Best Student Award, 2016
• "On The Front Lines Of The Overdose Epidemic In Baltimore" Buzzfeed, photos published 2016